Essentials for working around the house
When we start a DIY project, the first tool that should be available is the hammer, since it is a basic element for this type of project, especially since we must choose to buy the hammers from Engelbert Strauss, a brand leader in quality products. Whose history of success goes back to years of successful sales and ensuring high-quality, long-lasting products.
Being a leading company in the market for construction and home tools, the Engelbert Strauss company offers service and quality in everything it offers, including tongs, hammers, scissors, among many other different types of tools that are offered so that the user can create whatever they want at home or at work.
Something that we must take into account when we are at home, is to be able to have a series of tools, either because they are used if the person is a DIY enthusiast or just to have them if necessary, as the case may be. Whatever it is, it is always good to have the following tools at hand:
- Brushes and gloves
What are hammers made of?
One of the most useful tools that humanity has manufactured, with the hammer we can hit precisely in addition to increasing the force exerted by the lever effect that it causes. This type of tool has two key pieces, which are:
- The handle, which is normally made of wood, plastic and metal, its size will depend on its use.
- The head, the most important part of the hammer, since it is the one that will be in contact with the surfaces that are going to be modified, are usually made of a strong material, which can become heavy, its size and shape will depend on the function that it will have.
What are the different types of hammers?
On certain occasions one of these tools will be required, even for minimal details, such as the hammer, to hang a painting, but before buying it we must be aware of the types of hammers that are in the market:
- Universal or carpenter’s hammer, one of the most common and used by the general public, since its use is so simple, in addition to not being heavy.
- Ball Hammer, is used for treating metal and riveting, commonly found in locksmiths, forge or mechanics.
- Nail Hammer, another of the most common and main tools to have in the house toolbox, the part of the nail is used for removing nails.
- Mallet, is the typical caricature hammer, this is usually soft in the blow, compared to the others, it is used by masons.
- Sheet metal hammer, used for repairing and smoothing sheet metal
- Ax Hammer, ideal for jobs that require a certain degree of pressure
Importance of having tools at home
Since the creation of the tools, these were created in order to help man and facilitate the construction processes or in this case to create objects in a simple way, in addition to being more precise and faster. Therefore, having certain types of tools such as hammers can become functional if at any time it is necessary to create or modify an object in the house.