Choosing the Best Workflow Management Software for your Company
Having a Workflow Management System is crucial for any company, as it provides an infrastructure for the setup, performance, and monitoring of a defined sequence of tasks, arranged as a workflow application. Workflow Management Software is able to direct, from A to Z, the course of action inside the company. It allows you to keep track of all the different processes you may have, on all types of projects, making sure you keep them in check. Overall, choosing a perfect fit Workflow Management Software will get you to increase your team’s productivity.
Workflow Management Systems can make your team collaborate better, share information smoothly and help you save time and money. The Global market size of WMS has seen great growth in the past years and the Markets and Markets report suspects that it will grow from USD 3.51 Billion in 2016 to USD 9.87 Billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.0%.
There are plenty of tools on the market nowadays, so choosing the perfect fit of Workflow Management Software System may come as a challenge.
What should a Workflow Management Software do for you?
1. Give you more insight – Should help you visualise things easier and faster: information that you need at a first glance! The Workflow Management Software should have graphic visualisations of the data stored inside.
2. Help you in getting the right info at the right time – No more digging around for the right information that your team needs! All information will be under one repository. All data will be easy to find (searchable) and access can be granted according to each department.
3. The structure is key! – You need a tool, a solution that will help you track your progress (that will help you get to the deadline) and reach the milestones you have setup.
4. No more repetitions – Make sure that data is stored in a centralised location, where all people can see it so that your team will not have to prepare documents from scratch or search for data or think something is missing/lost, only to find out someone did have that info – it was just buried somewhere in the storage.
5. No more guessing around – You will know exactly what your team needs to do next, what they are doing now and what they have already achieved up to this moment in time. Everything will be crystal clear and you will know at each moment in time where you stand!
6. Capability for reporting – Workflow Management Software should also facilitate the Reporting process. No more additional spreadsheets, no more manual reports! The system should be able to pull out all the data you need, in the format you need.
7. Be user-friendly! – Everyone should be able, from your team, to use the system. Not all of them may be tech-savvy, so having an intuitive tool is vital!
In the end, you should be sure that you have the support of your team as well, so showing them the chosen Workflow Management Software (before signing the deal!) would be a great idea! It would also show that you trust them, and you value their opinion. In the end, they will be the ones using the tool the most, so having them positive about the tool will make the transition smoother.