Get Stunningly Beautiful Flooring Without Breaking Your Budget
Did you know you can spice up your home with brand new flooring even on the tightest budget? Let’s go over some of the cheap flooring ideas that will make you proud to parade through your home once again.
Whether you’re looking for something to cover the floors in your kitchen or living room with these ideas you will get inspiration without breaking your budget.
In fact, you may even have some money left to buy new furniture or at least some accessories.
- There are multiple options to choose that resembles hardwood.
- Laminate planks snap together and are super easy to install.
- They do not fade from sun exposure.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
- Mold and mildew resistant.
- Cheaper options can sometimes wear out faster.
Laminate often falls into the moderate category of pricing. However, there are still inexpensive options out there.
You can find thin laminate for less than a 1$ per square foot if you’re open to making a few compromises. The thinner the product the cheaper it is. To get a good deal, search for quick step laminate flooring like Stories Flooring that has a starting range of 8mm thickness.
One of the greatest things about laminate is that it is extremely low maintenance. It cleans up well, successfully resists mold and mildew and it won’t fade from sun exposure.
However, if you go with cheap laminate in a high traffic area, it will wear out faster than other flooring options.
Sheet Vinyl Flooring
- Multiple options resemble both stone and wood.
- Extreme durability and water resistance.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- An excellent choice for uneven or cracked subfloors.
- Sheet vinyl tends to discolor.
- Difficult to repair.
- Not one of your greener options.
For extremely low budget flooring, there is no match for vinyl sheet flooring. Not only is it inexpensive, it’s also easy to maintain.
If taken care of these floors can easily last 15 – 20 years. Sheet vinyl can be placed on all sorts of subfloors, even on those that are uneven or have cracks. Just make sure that the subfloor is clean and smooth before applying.
One downside of sheet vinyl is that it can stain or possibly turn yellow. Rubber from floor mats or the bottom of your shoes can produce a chemical reaction that will permanently stain it.
Luxury Vinyl Planks and Tiles
- Gives your floor a wooden or natural stone look without a giant price tag.
- LVT and LVP can be easily placed over any type of subfloor.
- Feels soft to touch.
- Holds up well against moisture and humidity.
- Isn’t an eco-friendly choice.
- Luxury vinyl can discolor from too much sunlight.
- Sharp objects can scratch it.
LVP (Luxury vinyl planks) and luxury vinyl tile (LVT) are increasingly popular these days. And they are certainly one of the affordable options.
Cheapest vinyl planks and tiles that still fit into the “luxury” category have a price tag for less than a $1 a square foot. LVP and LVT can give your home the natural look of wood flooring for a fraction of a dollar. And unlike some other materials, it feels good to walk on.
One of the downsides is that most luxury vinyl has conflicts when it comes to preserving the environment. It’s not biodegradable and it can emit VOCs.
- Highly resistant to water and humidity.
- Extremely durable.
- Ceramic is easy to clean and maintain.
- Variety of options.
- It feels hard and cold to touch.
- Difficult to install.
When it comes to ceramic tiles, you can spend a significant buck or you can spend next to nothing. Ceramic tiles can be found for as cheap as 0.50$ per square foot. So even the tightest of budgets can afford them.
Once installed they are uncomplicated to maintain and keep clean. And they are perfect for anyone suffering from allergies because dust and other small particles cannot penetrate their surface.
When you’re in need of new flooring in your home but your budget is tight, there are still options that you can choose from.
Whatever option you pick, it will add a fresh and new look to your home that you can enjoy for years to come!