Cheddar Frittata with Ham, Tenderstem Broccoli and Potato – Recipe
Cheddar Frittata with Ham, Tenderstem Broccoli and Potato
A quick, simple and very child-friendly dish
Serves: 4 adults, leftovers are great cold in packed lunches
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
500g potatoes, peeled & cut into 5mm slices
240g Tenderstem, cut into 3-4cm pieces
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
4 slices ham, cut into bite sized pieces
75g mature cheddar cheese, grated
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the potato slices under running water to remove some of the starch.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water up to the boil.
- Carefully drop on the potato slices, bring back up to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender but not falling apart. Drain well.
- Blanch the Tenderstem in boiling water for 3 minutes until just tender but with plenty of bite. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized, preferably non-stick, frying pan and add the garlic, if using.
- Fry for one minute then tip in the potatoes, stirring to coat well in the oil.
- Scatter over the Tenderstem, mixing lightly among the potatoes.
- Tuck in the pieces of ham.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Carefully pour into the pan.
- Allow to set over a medium-low heat for around 8-10 minutes – the frittata should be set about two thirds of the way through.
- Preheat an overhead grill to hot.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the frittata and put under the grill to melt and finish setting the eggs.
For more info visit tenderstem.co.uk