Cuban Chicken and Chorizo – Recipe (Pollo Y Chorizo)
Cuban Chicken and Chorizo (Pollo Y Chorizo)
Chicken breast pieces and sliced red peppers covered in a creamy tomato and paprika sauce, topped with chorizo sausage.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 30-40 minutes | Serves 2
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
2 red peppers, sliced
25g chorizo, sliced
150ml double cream
2 tbsp smoked paprika
A handful of parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into strips and place into a hot pan with the olive oil.
- When the chicken is sealed and has browned nicely, add the red peppers and smoked paprika then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After the peppers have softened slightly add the double cream and turn the heat down to a light simmer.
- Add the chorizo and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Finally place into a serving dish and garnish with the chopped parsley.