Jerk Salmon Tacos, South African Peach and Toasted Coconut Salsa – Recipe
Jerk Salmon Tacos, South African Peach and Toasted Coconut Salsa
Here’s a recipe created by actress and cookbook author, Nicola Millbank – also known as ‘Milly Cookbook’ – using beautifully sweet and juicy South African peaches.
Dark-pigmented fruits like South African peaches are natural skin-boosters as they’re packed with skin-loving vitamins and radiance enhancing carotene. South African fruit is counter-seasonal, so is available when European produce isn’t, which means we’re lucky enough to enjoy this beautiful sunshine fruit all year round.
Varieties of peach are available in store from November until April. The amazing combination of Mediterranean climate, steep hillsides and over 100 years of experience has enabled South Africa to produce exceptionally high quality fruit.
Salmon: 1 tsp. jerk seasoning 1tbsp. soy sauce Juice of 1 clementine 1 tbsp. pomegranate molasses 2 salmon fillets
Salsa: 2 South African peaches, chopped 2 tbsp. toasted coconut 1 tbsp. chopped tomato 1 tbsp. finely chopped shallot Juice of 1/2 an orange and 1/2 a lemon 1 tsp. of hot sauce 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
Tacos: 4 soft tacos 4 tbsp. sour cream 1/4 red cabbage, shredded 4 tbsp. black beans A handful of fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Mix together the jerk seasoning, soy sauce, clementine juice and pomegranate molasses. Spoon over the salmon fillets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
3. To prepare the salsa, mix together the chopped South African peaches, tomato, shallot, orange and lemon juice and hot sauce. Set to the side.
4. To assemble the tacos, spread one tablespoon of sour cream over each taco. Top with shredded cabbage, black beans and a salmon fillet.
5. Spoon over the salsa and top with extra parsley. Serve immediately.
Milly’s Real Food by Nicola “Milly” Millbank is available nationwide, from HQ/HarperCollins for £20.
To view this recipe video please visit beautifulcountrybeautifulfruit.com