Cosmetic Dentistry on the Rise in the United Kingdom
Cosmetic Dentistry has always been in demand, now more than ever, for a perfect smile radiates confidence like none other. Also, thanks to the rise and rise of social media, celebrities, and influencers are engaging the public like never before. It has led to an escalation in the popularity of cosmetic dental procedures worldwide, and the United Kingdom is no exception. In this blog post, we have tried to explore the reasons why cosmetic dentistry is on the rise in the United Kingdom with London being the epicentre of this trend, and what dental procedures are practiced by a cosmetic dentist in London.
Factors contributing to the rise of cosmetic dentistry in the UK
We would like to share the results of a survey done by Realself on the in-demand cosmetic dental procedures in the UK and the US. The following are the highlights of the survey-
• The Cosmetic dental procedure was at the top of the list at 43%, beating face-lift procedures which were chosen by only 29% of the UK population.
• The key motivator for UK adults to undergo cosmetic dental procedures was to improve self-esteem and confidence; 43% of the adults quoted. Whilst the feel-good factor(35%), combat ageing(22%), and feeling and looking younger(22%) were quoted by some, others also quoted convenience(15%) and post-partum body reshaping(11%) as the motivators for cosmetic dental procedures.
• Life events also influence UK adults to undergo cosmetic dental procedures with ‘wanting to appear youthful at work/looking for or starting a new job’ topping the list at 23%. Other life events included birthdays, vacations, and relationships.
• Teeth were the most cited body area that the UK adults (35%) wanted to change about their appearance.
This survey clearly exhibits the trend of the rise of cosmetic dentistry in the United Kingdom.
Listed below are some of the points that contribute to it:-
1. The psychological impact-the appearance of your teeth can have a perceptible psychological impact. If we are to believe the findings of this study, decayed or discoloured teeth hamper the social behaviour and psychological well-being of a person. They tend to hide their smile and wish for a better appearance of their smile. This, in turn, affects their social well-being and can result in mental diseases such as depression.
2. Personal confidence and media- the impact of social media on a person’s self-confidence is undeniable. The celebrity and influencer culture has made people more conscious of their appearance especially, the younger population who have exposure to social media platforms in excess. It has led to an exponential increase in the number of young patients opting for cosmetic dental treatments.
3. Affordable cosmetic dental procedures- cosmetic dental procedures have become quite affordable thanks to the technological advancements in the field.
4. Outstanding results of cosmetic dental procedures- cosmetic dental procedures provide instant results, be it a teeth whitening procedure or a tooth-coloured filling for a discoloured tooth. The procedures boost confidence in a matter of hours.
5. Impact of cosmetic dental procedures on oral health- cosmetic dental procedures such as Invisalign not only provide discreet teeth straightening but also improve oral health by improving the alignment of teeth. In fact, according to the Oral Health Foundation website, if teeth are not treated and allowed to remain crooked, the face might collapse or sag, the chin might stick out or the smile might droop. In the long run, misaligned teeth might lead to headaches and neck pain. So, cosmetic dental procedures improve the overall oral health of a person.
Dental procedures covered by a Cosmetic Dentist in the UK-
A variety of procedures in cosmetic dentistry can drastically improve smiles. One of the most popular procedures is teeth whitening because it successfully removes stains and discolouration, giving patients a smile that is brighter and younger-looking. Dental veneers, which are tiny porcelain shells attached to the front of teeth, can cover up a variety of flaws like cracked, crooked, or irregularly shaped teeth. Dental implants, a long-term replacement for missing teeth, boost both function and appearance by blending in perfectly with natural teeth. Orthodontic procedures, such as, ceramic braces and transparent aligners, provide discreet ways to straighten teeth. Each of these treatments has the power to enhance smiles, boost confidence, and promote overall dental health.
Dental professionals Like Hampstead Orthodontic Practice may now take precise, detailed photos of the teeth and gums using digital imaging techniques like 3D scanning and intraoral cameras, which help with thorough assessments and treatment personalization.
Latest trends and innovations in Cosmetic dentistry in the UK
The prevalence of minimally invasive surgeries has become one of the noticeable trends in Cosmetic Dentistry in the UK. Techniques such as composite bonding and transparent aligner systems are growing in prominence because they deliver superior results with little discomfort and a brief treatment period. An enhanced care plan and aesthetic results are also made achievable by the incorporation of digital technology in cosmetic dentistry, including 3D imaging, CAD/CAM systems, and digital smile design. With enhanced options for therapy and better outcomes readily accessible to patients, these developments and advancements are reshaping the cosmetic dental scenario in the UK.
Technological Advancements in Cosmetic Dentistry in the UK
In the UK, technological developments have transformed aesthetic dentistry by enabling more accurate diagnosis, treatment planning, and improved results. Dental professionals may now take precise, detailed photos of the teeth and gums using digital imaging techniques like 3D scanning and intraoral cameras, which help with thorough assessments and treatment personalization. Dental crowns and bridges can be precisely created using CAD/CAM technologies, ensuring the best fit and appearance. Before undergoing any surgical procedure, patients can see how their smiles will change thanks to digital smile design software. In addition to increasing the effectiveness and precision of cosmetic dental procedures, these technological improvements have also increased patient communication and satisfaction.
Cosmetic Dentistry is on the rise in the UK, and overall it’s a positive thing for the UK population.