Tenerife: Dream Destination for Nature Enthusiasts
We have already tallied some of the best things to enjoy in Tenerife. Today, we’re looking at it from a different angle: Tenerife is the ideal holiday destination for hikers and nature enthusiasts. With its varied landscapes, it has a lot to offer for everybody who enjoys being outside. If you have taken a liking to hiking and going on walks during the pandemic, why not take it to a much sunnier and friendlier location instead?
Here’s why you should consider a hiking holiday on Tenerife.
Why Should You Consider a Hiking Holiday?
It’s one of these topics where two fractions have strong opinions. One side relaxes best by doing nothing. The other needs to experience things and be physically active to wind down. That’s especially tricky when these different philosophies are present in a couple, friends, or family. With the little spare time we get, it is hard to coax somebody to have a holiday that does not suit their tastes. But it is not impossible.
The Benefits of Hiking
Hiking has several benefits; it improves our mood and physical health:
- Hiking improves your cardiovascular fitness.
- Hiking over uneven Terrain trains your balance, your leg, and core muscles.
- Spending time outdoors relieves stress.
- Stress relief lowers blood pressure and heart disease risks.
- Coming home from a hike gives you a sense of accomplishment.
These benefits and more improve mental stability and physical health and are a good reason to give hiking a try.
The Right Setting for a Hiking Holiday
For those who like to lie on the beach and rest during their holidays, a hiking holiday sounds exhausting and uncomfortable. But it does not have to be!
The best holiday is one that offers multiple possibilities while not locking anything down right from the start. Don’t just book a hotel room that’s nothing more than a space to sleep in. Instead, book one of the Holidu villas in Tenerife as your home base. This way, you can spend your days exploring the island and come back to a comfortable home. And if you ever feel like pampering yourself for a day, you can just stay in.
With Covid-19 being on the rise again, outdoor activities have become popular once more. People have been cooped up at home for so long, and time spent in open spaces is much safer than being indoors. If you’re looking for a holiday with lots of action and fresh air, Tenerife has a lot to offer.
Hiking in Tenerife
Tenerife is a hiking hotspot. There are two reasons why:
- It is home to the Pico del Teide, the highest mountain in Spain and the third-largest island volcano in the world. The impressive mountain range is full of interesting hiking trails with varying levels of difficulty. Guided tours can lead all the way from the foot of the mountain to the top. Other, easier tours, include a cable car ride to skip some or most of the trip.
- Thanks to the volcano and the general geography of the island, it is home to several vegetation zones and landscapes. The north is lush and green, and the south has half desert areas, there are sunny beaches, and the snowy peak of the Pico del Teide. Various nature parks, like the Teide National Park, are home to endemic flora and fauna you cannot find anywhere else.
Hiking holidays offer many benefits for both mental and physical health. For those who prefer to take it easy, it’s best to choose a setting where both relaxing and hiking can be on the menu.
If you book a hiking holiday on Tenerife, you have many varied landscapes to pick from. For each day of the week, you can pick an entirely different experience based on the location of your choice. You can hike through pine forests, enjoy the subtropical flora in the island’s valleys, or explore cliffs and gorges. The UNESCO-World Heritage Site surrounding the Pico del Teide is the most frequented hiking area on the island and worth a visit, even if it’s just to take the cable car to the top to enjoy the view.