Valentine’s Day Gift Guide 2018
Valentine’s Day Gift Guide 2018
by Julia Paddon
It’s the time of year for wine and roses… but where we’re concerned, it’s also the time of knife sharpeners and gin, his ‘n’ hers clothes and moisturisers, coffee sets and even seaweed pasta…
Enjoy On: Magazine‘s annual Valentine’s Gift Guide… and get one step ahead on February 14th.
- Create deliciously smooth juices with this cream retro citrus juicer from Smeg. It has a 70 Watt power output and a handy stop/start feature which automatically switches on when fruit is pressed onto the reamer, and then switches off when you remove it. The juicing bowl is made from hard-wearing Tritan plastic which is scratch and stain resistant – so it’ll stay looking great after every use. Thanks to its anti-slip feet, it will sit safely and securely on your worktop while it’s being used. This model is really easy to clean too, as its parts are dishwasher safe.
Smeg CJF01CRUK Juicer – Cream, £110 from ao.com
- A dinky little knife sharpener with diamond precision that’ll sit tidily in your drawer until you need it.
AnySharp Pro Knife Sharpener, £19.99 from amazon.co.uk
- This George Foreman grill has enough room for five portions at one time, making it the ideal cooking tool for busy meal times. There are five removable plates for grilling, toasting, cooking and baking, giving you get plenty of flexibility and convenience in the kitchen. The plates are angled so the fat drips out on to a tray, making your favourite meals healthy too. Use the intense 260°c sear function for restaurant quality grilling in a flash – perfect for a tasty steak.
George Foreman Evolve 21611 Multifunctional Health Grill – Red, £110 from ao.com
- For truly crystal clear and rich tasting fresh coffee, it seems simplicity is best. Coffee Gator have really focused on the details to provide a product that stands the test of time. The unique pour over method highlights every note and aroma radiating from premium coffee beans, for a truly delicious brew.
Pour Over Coffee Brewer Set, £49.99 from amazon.co.uk
His ‘n’ Hers
- Wannabe Mothers and Fathers of Dragons can match up in these Game of Thrones team Daenerys t-shirts. In fact, there’s a giant-sized collection of clothes, gadgets and other TV and film-related items at HBO’s online shop. So if a Breaker of Chains mug doesn’t do it for you, maybe a Curb Your Enthusiasm hoodie will…
Game of Thrones t-shirts, £19.99 from hbostore.co.uk
- Rohan have just about nailed the light-and-stylish-but-warm-as-hell outdoor jacket. There’s a great selection online, but this ultra-practical Hideout Jacket comes with a front pouch, security pockets, a hidden side zip for easy undressing AND adjustable cuffs. Even better, it’ll cram down into your backpack when the sun comes out.
Green Hideout Jacket, £159 from rohan.co.uk
- And for women, this piece of technical, lightweight and versatile clothing takes a warm hug on a cold day to new levels. Perfect for walking, it’s an all-season wonder with insulated wadding to keep the cold out, but light enough to wear on a spring morning.
Sparks Jacket, £119 from rohan.co.uk
- Gorgeously simple brow shaping kit from So Me Beauty features two powder shades to define and highlight and brushes and stencils for super-easy application. Available in three shades so everyone can achieve beautiful brows.
So Me Brow Shaping Mirror Compact Kit, £24 from Superdrug and Sainsbury’s
- Bannatyne spa products allow your loved one to bring the famous luxury spa experience home. There’s a full range of cleansers, toners, face masks and more – just don’t forget the robe and slippers.
Bannatyne Spa Products from £9.99 from bannatyne.co.uk
- A new vegan friendly nail polish collection from Dr’s Remedy has been formulated by New York-based podiatrists and includes nail nourishing ingredients not found in other lacquers.
£11.95 each from feetlife.co.uk
- Institut Esthederm’s high quality products always come at skin care from new angles. This Hyaluronic Mask is an intensely hydrating and moisturising product with a non-sticky texture that contains an active ingredient of hyaluronic acid, the holy grail of skincare. Plus, the Vitamin C Cream aims to reduce dark spots while protecting from day-to-day skin exposure. Both make great additions to your loved-one’s skincare routine.
Mask, £31; Cream, £64 from esthederm.com
- These his ‘n’ hers grooming options from Wilkinson Sword are great for smooth operators – both are new to the market.
Quattro for Women Bikini, £10.99 from Boots.com
Hydro 5 Groomer, £15.99 from boots.com
Food and Drink
- As the nation’s love affair with gin continues apace, here are two new delights to get your taste buds tingling. An elegant combo of pomegranate and chinchona (a medicinal herb) results in a very delicate and smooth gin that will go very well with your Valentine’s Day cocktails.
The English Drinks Company Classic Pink Gin, £35, from ginshop.englishdrinkscompany.co.uk
- Il Gusto’s heart-shaped bottle can be filled with any liqueur of your choice, but we’ve gone for the rhubarb red, of course.
Heart-shaped Bottle and Liqueur, £13.50 from ilgusto.uk.com
- How about a pack of three delicious British-inspired sauces, and you can choose from Breakfast Sauce, Chip Shop Curry, Sunday Lunch Horseradish & Classic BBQ.
Original British Sauces, £11 from Salubrious Sauce Co.
- Premium Australian wine brand, Nepenthe, has landed in the UK, bringing a selection of wines from its two collections – Altitude and Pinnacle. Including three popular wines: a Sauvignon Blanc, a Pinot Noir and a Shiraz.
The Altitude range is RRP £12.99 and the Pinnacle range RRP £19.99 from Amazon
- Something quick but decidedly different for the Valentine’s meal? How about seaweed pasta? There’s a set of seaweed goodies on the site, including seaweed bacon.
I Sea Pasta Threepack, approx £13 from seamorefood.com
- Sumptuous nuts and fruits covered in top-notch chocolate – it’s the Valentine’s food experience that’s literally in a nutshell.
Packs from £5.99 from chocca-mocca.com
- This Prosecco is crafted with the finest Glera grapes from its delicately cultivated Conegliano vineyard to embody the seductive elegance of Italian luxury. Sounds like the perfect accompaniment to a Valentine’s meal.
Ombra Di Pantera, Prosecco Superiore Brut Millesimato DOCG, £28 from ombradipantera.com
- Elvie Trainer is designed to strengthen the pelvic floor to improve core strength, bladder control and even sex… yes, really! It also helps prepare the body and speeds up recovery from pregnancy. The small pebble-shaped pod is inserted like a tampon and connects to an app that guides women through fun, five-minute workouts using real-time biofeedback. It can even detect technique and alert the user if she’s exercising incorrectly.
Elvie Trainer, £169 from elvie.com
- This bottle might help with training too – although it definitely will help with spillages due to a one flip close when throwing into the bag.
Ion8 Leakproof Water Bottle, £14.99 from leakproof.co.uk
- The Gifted Notebook online store offers hand-picked diaries and notebooks from designers across Europe. Whether the love of your life would like something colourful and bold, casual or classic and understated there is a design that will suit all personalities.
Castelli Honeycomb Gold Notebook, £13.95 from thegiftednotebook.co.uk
- A perfect package of good looks and practicality, this Trillium Duffel allows you to bring a touch of the outdoors into your everyday life. It’s very soft and durable and can be carried as a shoulder bag, cross body bag or with a short handle.
Trillium 45 Duffel, £60 from ospreyeurope.com
- You can now make all your favourite tipples from the comfort of your home this Valentine’s Day, thanks to andPOUR, the new luxury cocktail making kits from The Concierge Drinks Co. andPOUR.com is the new online drinks provider, offering drinks lovers a handpicked selection of 20+ cocktail kits.
Visit andPOUR.com to view the andPOUR range and purchase online.
- What better place to end than a dozen red roses. This Letterbox Bouquet is a dozen of the finest red roses packaged in a letterbox-friendly, luxury gift box. Only Naomi roses, the only red rose with a scent, are used and can easily last up to two weeks.
The Lovebird Letterbox Bouquet, £34.99 from beardsanddaisies.co.uk