Beyond Valentine’s Day – Gift Guide 2015
Gifts for Valentine’s Day and Beyond 2015
by Julia Paddon
So, as I was compiling this gift guide, I’m thinking: Who is it for?
Is it for boys with a lack of Valentine’s Day ideas who need a few pointers? Or is it for girls to tell boys what they like so boys are less useless in the shopping department? Is it for casual browsers, or serious shoppers? What age group? (key ages 25-34 & 35-44, 50% split, 55% female readership – On: Magazine demographics department).
All this concerned me for a while, until I realised, well, what really matters is a good selection for a good cross section, right? Right.
Enjoy our Valentine’s Gift Guide designed to cater for big hearts old and new from February 14th – and well beyond…
VALENTINE’S PERFECT PERFUMES
(above, left to right)
1. Thierry Mugler’s star-shaped glass bottle still retains the ‘wow’ factor – Angel Eau de Parfum Refillable Spray, 25ml, £51.50.
2. Handy and cute Ted Baker purse sprays – Boots, £15.
3. Fresh and floral fragrance from Mary Kay – Thinking of Love, £25 from marykay.co.uk
4. Leighton Denny’s first ever fragrance is a strong and seductive blend. £43.50 from Leighton Denny.
5. From Joan Collins, ‘I Am Woman Eau de Parfum’ which can be sprinkled into a bath. Minis are £12 from Joan Collins Beauty.
6. Terrific matching Man (£40/75ml) & Woman (£58/75ml) scent combo from Hugo Boss.
7. Beautifully packaged fragrance with a suitable winter-fruit theme – £25 from bronnley.co.uk.
8. Capturing the essence of the Bond Woman in a signature scent, 007 for Women is ‘dangerously seductive’ – £25 for 30ml.
VALENTINE’S FOOD & DRINK
1. Everyone loves Lindt, right? Nine heart-shaped delicacies for £6.
2. Whittard of Chelsea are a gourmet lovers’ delight – try their delicious and indulgent flaky drinking chocolate – £12 from whittard.co.uk.
3. Gourmet popcorn with a delicious – and subtle – hint of whisky. £10.99 in Kilner jar from joeandsephs.co.uk
4. Share your Valentine’s love with Toblerone’s limited ‘To my love’ bar – perfect for chocolate loving couples to enjoy while snuggling on the sofa together – £4.99.
5. No drink encapsulates Valentine’s Day more than rosé – try Whispering Angel 2013, available from 31dover.com.
1. Retro radio with a distinctive love vibe – £129 from viewquest.co.uk.
2. Perfect for the loved-one that uses a tablet, the Wacom Bamboo Stylus Duo is a dual-purpose stylus for Apple and Android devices. £24.99 from wacom.com.
3. Sublime dry shaver is an ever-ready companion for the smooth man in your life – comes with unique cooling technology. Braun CoolTec (blue lacquered), more info: braun.com/uk
4. Fun lego keylights for the Supermen or Wonder Women who lack night vision capabilities. £6.99 from Toys R Us.
For more gift ideas visit thatsweetgift.com – see here.
1. Make it personal! A cookie stamp that you can personalise with your own special message. Express what you want to say to a loved-one in a cookie. £10 from The Great Gift Company.
2. Overboard’s Dry Tube Bags are ideal for protecting anything a user holds dear. Made from a durable waterproof tarpaulin, they provide protection whatever the weather. £29.99 from overboard.co.uk.
3. This beautiful pendant features a handcrafted heart-shaped piece of Yorkshire’s Gemstone, Whitby Jet, encased in a sterling silver filigree inspired ornamental mount which has been combined with sparkling marcasite resulting in a striking piece, the perfect gift this valentine’s day. The piece which has been lovingly created in Whitby and comes complete with a sterling silver chain. £118.90 from whamond.com.
4. Fantastic looking sparrow salad bowl comes with two sparrow servers – a fork and a spoon. A future design classic, we reckon! £27.99 from The Gift Oasis.
1. Re-modelled 5-blade from Gillette now has a pink handle and a subtle ‘sugarberry’ scent. Razor: £10.99.
2. Serene body oil to use after a shower or add a few drops for a luxurious bath. £37 from inner-soul.co.uk.
3. Repairing serum which helps reduce oiliness and inflammation and give soft overall skin. £28 from yourstrulyorganics.com.
4. Unique skin care and tanning all-in-one combo from Sun Believable – £35 from sun-believable.com.
5. How about something warm and relaxing for those quieter moments, with this fine massage candle from Petits Joujoux – £25.88 from Amazon.
6. Encourage your loved-one to slow down and spend time pampering themselves this Valentine’s Day. Aromatherapy Associates Relax Light Bath & Shower Oil, £40 from aromatherapyassociates.com.
7. Cute, kissing pop-heart soap – £5.99 from madbeauty.com.
8. ‘Man’s Best Friend’ face wash and moisturiser set in a lovely tin box, from Bulldog. £10 from Tesco.
9. Massage oil that combines Ylang Ylang and Rose with the exotic aromas of White Champaka and Jasmine, to tantalise the mind and excite the senses. £8.26 from absolute-aromas.com.
VALENTINE’S BEAUTY 2
1. A good quality base is paramount. Aristry Youth Extend lifiting and smoothing foundation helps lift, smooth and firm skin and SPF 20 delivers anti-ageing benefits. £34.45 from amway.co.uk.
2. Balance Me Shine On Tinted Lip Salve in Ruby Red is a cute present for gals who like a hint of colour. £12 from balanceme.co.uk.
3. Lovely luminous lip-gloss from Lord & Berry – £12 from ASOS
4. (bottom) The beautiful new Artistry Eye Shadow Palette is a custom-designed black patent compact with eight plum berry shades and a dual-ended brush to blend to perfection. £46.15 from amway.co.uk.
5. (top) Five colour eye shadow palette, featuring richly-pigmented hues and sexy combinations designed for all eye colors and skin tones. £8 from nyxcosmetics.co.uk.
6. (right) Shavata Brow Perfector is an easy to use three crème palette to fill in uneven brows, covering the hair and skin and blending together for the perfect colour-match. £19.50 from shavata.co.uk.
7. Super-strong shampoo (£12.25) and conditioner (£15.75) from Paul Mitchell – salon-success.co.uk
8. Tame and smooth coarse, curly or fine hair and provide extra protection before blow drying with this wonderfully light, luxury styling cream. £17 from electric-hair.com.