Mothers Day Gift Guide 2017
Mothers Day Gift Guide 2017
by Julia Paddon
Mums run the world, right? So while it’s absolutely outrageous that there’s only one ‘second birthday’ per year in the form of Mother’s Day (unless you’re the Queen, where you basically get three birthdays a year), it shouldn’t be too long before this special occasion becomes at least a monthly event.
Until then, we’ll have to make do with just the one – this year on Sunday March 26th. And while some of you may have just taken a sharp intake of breath, have no fear. Our lovely, exclusive, thoroughly researched gift guide has something for every mum, whatever their age, attitude or general level of awesomeness. Enjoy!
1. Gorgeous cracked glass yellow-green jug which shimmers and sparkles in sunshine as the sun shines through it. Great collection of other high quality crafts on the site.
£108.95 from Heartisania.
2. Designed with careful attention to detail and a choice of quality materials, this collection of phone accessories is the perfect extension of GUESS signature designs to complete your mother’s glamorous and fashion forward look!
£15 from casehut.com.
3. The symbology of sending flowers on Mother’s Day traditionally represents admiration and gratitude. If you were planning on sending your mother flowers this year, go that extra mile and place them in a timeless design that she can use over, time and time again.
£46 from boconcept.com.
4. The perfect Mother’s Day present for cocktail lovers! Create your own tasty cocktails with this professional looking copper plated cocktail shaker.
£15.74 from allianceonline.co.uk.
From decorative bowls to art deco earrings, sustainable lifestyle brand, Banbayu.com have your Mother’s Day gift covered! For the perfect gift, explore Banbayu’s full collection of stunning jewellery from the far reaches of the globe. We love their handmade bracelets, including this Terra Bracelet, in a calm and incandescent teal – a piece she’ll treasure forever.
Banbayu Terra Bracelet, £39 from banbayu.com.
Beauty Maven Mums
Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017: Perfume, beauty, style…
1. Spoil your mum with an indulgent gift set from Thai brand Janjira, including Lime & Ginger Body Butter and Lime & Ginger Sugar Milky Body Scrub.
Worth £52, but currently £35 from janjira.co.uk.
2. Extremely gentle eye serum that improves elasticity around the eye area.
£16.28 from hollandandbarrett.com.
3. The Le Specs Liar Lair sunglasses offer complete UV protection and a striking look. The distinctive cat’s eye frame is crafted from a translucent acetate and is complete with golden mirrored lenses. The glasses come complete with a branded protective pouch and would make an ideal gift for a style-conscious mother.
£39.99 from julesb.co.uk.
4. Designer scent heaven in a smart cut-glass bottle from Armani – and it’s currently at a good price.
RRP £53, but currently £26 from beautybase.com.
5. Lovely soft citrus scent in a luscious looking bottle. A very feminine gift for mums who love fragrances.
£53.30 from amway.co.uk.
6. A deluxe hair towel that reduces frizz and breakage by reducing friction with ultra-fine fibres. Really is unbelievably gentle!
£30 from aquishair.co.uk.
1, Stylish and practical, this double gift set from Charles Bentley in partnership with the National Trust will look good when put to work in any garden. The set features a hand fork and hand trowel, made from high quality FSC wood and stainless steel to make them comfortable to use and hard-wearing. The set also includes a pair of rigger gloves with double stitched palm and fingertips to protect hands, as well as a soft fleece lining.
£27.99 from buydirect4u.co.uk.
2. Mums can grow an allotment from the comfort of their own home – and there’s even a mini shed and stylish white picket fence with this indoor herb allotment.
£26.95 from prezzybox.com.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017: New mums, gadget lovers, chocaholics…
1. New mums will adore this adjustable sleeping bag and swaddle set from ergobaby. Arms can go in or out, Velcro secures it and it’s even possible to change the baby without unwrapping.
£19.90 from ergobaby.co.uk.
2. Couple of beautiful ‘wow’ presents from Yorkshire’s own Fisher’s Catering Supplies. The circular professional wine kit includes a knife, stopper, pourer and collar, while the steel corkscrew is reassuringly heavy, enduring and extremely stylish. Both are packaged in neat bamboo boxes.
£15 for the Wine Set; £16 for the deluxe corkscrew from fisherscateringsupplies.co.uk.
3. BRITA’s pastel Marella jugs fit perfectly into the fridge door and have a helpful ‘memo’ which reminds you to change the filter to ensure you always have the freshest filtered water.
£25.30 from brita.co.uk.
Tea and Chocolate!
Tea and chocolate, right? Combo heaven?
1. Speciality tea company, English Tea Shop, has launched its Premium Tea Collection, presented in a luxurious gift tin with a selection of six specially selected varieties of tea, making the perfect cuppa much easier. So, put the kettle on and spend some quality time catching up with mum.
£17 from Amazon.
2. With over 400 different blends on offer, Oteas gift boxes allow you to mix and match flavours and blends to create the ultimate gift for tea loving mums.
24 Tea Gift Box, £8.95 from O-Teas.
3. Terrific collection of premium organic fairly traded chocolate from Chocolate and Love – two things that always go down well.
Individual bars are £3 each from Sainsbury’s – more info: chocolateandlove.com.
4. Cadbury are pulling out all the stops with this headlong rush towards choccy Nirvana. I mean, look!
Mother’s Day Gift Set, £20 from Cadbury’s,
5. A lovely hamper filled with teatime treats that could be taken on a picnic or enjoyed in the comfort of your own home. A perfect gift from those who want to give mum an indulgent experience. The hamper includes Bottega Gold Prosecco Rosé, Campbell’s Cranberry and Raspberry Chip Cookies, Macarons de Pauline, English Tea Shop’s breakfast tea, Coolmore’s Chocolate Fudge Cake, Candy Stripe Clotted Cream Fudge and Mrs Darlington’s Seedless Raspberry Jam.
£38.99 from bottledandboxed.com.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2017: Readers, cooks, adventure seekers…
Three great books, ticking the ever-popular fashion, food and craft boxes.
1. Yves Saint Laurent: The Scandal Collection, 1971 by Olivier Saillard and Dominique Veillon documents one of fashion’s most iconic collections.
£25 from Abrams.
2. Effective beauty foods and over 100 recipes in Neal’s Yard Remedies, Eat Beautiful.
£16.99 from DK.com.
3. How to Make It: 25 Makers Share the Secrets to Building a Creative Business by Erin Austen Abbott is the ultimate tell-all, show-all guide to making a living by making things.
£16.99 from Chronicle Books.
Something Extra Special?
1. Treat mum with a set of TOG knives, created by British designer Bert Beagley-Brown in collaboration with craftsmen in the Samurai sword capital of Japan. Featuring layers of copper and favoured by Michelin-starred chefs, TOG Knives are the best that money can buy. This set includes a Paring, Santoku and Chef knife.
£369.97 (£50 off a set of three) from togknives.com.
2. What mum wouldn’t like to be treated to a view of the sights above England’s beloved capital city? Give your mum a Mother’s Day to remember that will be guaranteed to make her feel spectacular, as you take to the skies to share a memory over London.
London Helicopter Tour Gift Vouchers: London Buzz Gift Voucher (12 mins) – £150 PP, London Sights Gift Voucher (18 mins) – £220 PP, Monetary Value Gift Vouchers – £50 – £150 from thelondonhelicopter.com.
With its intricate table top design and gently curved legs, the Mortimer side table would make an elegant addition to your mum’s garden. It looks wonderful and is resilient enough to be left outside all year round.
£129 from wyevalegardencentres.co.uk.
top image: freepik.com