Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2015
Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2015
by Julia Paddon
As a new mum, it’s fair to say Mother’s Day has taken on a whole new level of significance in the Paddon household, with expertly placed ‘subtle hints’ suggested to baby Freddie whenever daddy is within earshot. Shameless? Moi?
Anyway, thankfully, we’ve got a plethora of gorgeous gift ideas below for mothers of all ages – enjoy On: Magazine‘s Mother’s Day Gift Guide for 2015…
Tech & Electric
1. Simple to use, hand held pedicure device gently which removes dead skin with the help of a rotating blade. After dead skin is removed, there are six handy buffing disks for smoothing the feet. Dead skin is collected in a residue chamber leaving no mess. £19.99 from lookfantastic.com.
2. The newest way to wear the Misfit Shine activity monitor, the Bloom Necklace is an elegant, hand-finished, stainless steel pendant that clips to the Shine effortlessly. Featuring a spiraling geometric design on an 18” stainless steel chain, the Bloom necklace celebrates floral patterns and ensures that fitness fans and fashionistas alike can wear stunning jewelry while still tracking their physical activity and sleep. £69.99 from Amazon.
3. My Passport Ultra Metal Edition brings brains and beauty to portable storage. Dropbox cloud back-up and password protected. £69.99 from Western Digital.
4. Good looking and packing a high-powered punch output, this Nicky Clarke blow dryer has two speeds and three heat settings. £59.99 from Boots.
5. Lasting long after the flowers have faded, this Roku Streaming Stick effectively makes your TV ‘smart’, adding Netflix, iPlayer, Now TV and over 1,0000 other channels to your TV choice with no monthly fee. Inclredibly simple to use. £49.99 – more info from roku.com.
6. Braun’s legendary electric hair remover now comes with an exfoliation brush for two beauty treatments in one – and can also be used wet or dry. £119 from Tesco.
1. This super-realistic wall deco light features a butterfly elegantly perched on the end of a branch that appears to be coming straight out of the wall! Ideal for colour matching or those looking for a quirky talking point. £19.95 from 3D Light FX.
2. For mums that love knitting, these chunky wooden needles are hand-crafted and personalised. Available from 3mm to a gigantic 35mm! Prices start at £5.99 from mothergooseonline.co.uk.
3. Ultra-snuggly lambswool slippers are so comfortable you might never actually take them off. Available in ‘warm camel’ or ‘soft grey’. £29 from Lizard Orchid.
4. Candles as moving sculptures, anybody? These Alusi candles come in a variety of shapes, with the ‘muti-wick’ technology creating elegant flames that make a fabulous table centrepiece. Approximately £18 from Amazon.
5. Cross have a jaw-droppingly beautiful collection of pens at the moment – browse their website for the one that suits mum best – cross.com – beautiful packaging too. Pictured is the Black/Grey Botanica Ball Point Pen, £60.
1. Thierry Mugler’s iconic Alien perfume in a gift set that includes body lotion and shower gel – £51 from The Fragrance Shop.
2. Little Butterfly create products that mothers are able to share with their babies. 100& organic and suitable for sensitive newborn skin. Massage oil £27 from littlebutterflyorganic.com.
3. Face care set from Primavera aimed at revitalising mature skin – includes cleanser, toner and renewing cream. £15 from pravera.co.uk.
4. Treat your mum to a long-lasting gel manicure – each manicure lasts for up to three weeks and pedicures 6 weeks. By using unique pre-polish treatments they promote growth and strength of the natural nail. Gel manicures start at £25 from biosculpture.co.uk.
5. The Nanshy Luxury Makeup Brush Set features all of the best makeup brushes your mum will need for creating a polished, complete, and natural look. This set of features 13 high quality, synthetic, cruelty-free, antibacterial brushes that give a flawless application. £34.95 from nanshy.com.
6. Color Wow Root Cover Up is a mineral powder formulation that seamlessly covers grey roots and dark re-growth, which has never been done before without the use of peroxide. With a multi-tonal, water resistant formula that lasts from shampoo to shampoo, Root Cover Up dramatically extends the time between salon visits, saving mums time and money. £28.50 – more info: colorwowhair.com.
1. Spoil your mum with these luxurious at home treatments to bring back natural glow. WOW Mask is a brand new Bio-peptide Aqua Gel mask that contains innovative natural ingredients to restore the skin’s tone, elasticity and hydration to reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. £99.99 for five masks, from wowmask.co.uk.
2. Exquisitely packaged Rehydrating Starter Kit from Kerstin Florn comes with Rehydrating Neroli Cleansing Milk, Rehydrating Neroli Water and Rehydrating Liposome Day Crème in a gorgeous white zippered case. £94 from kerstinflorian.co.uk.
3. Introduce mum to a beauty brand that’s brand new to the UK. Argania use 100% organic, cold and hand-pressed Moroccan argan oil across its entire range of shampoos, conditioners, oils, self-tans, scrubs and moisturisers.
4. Lotil have a great, handy-sized moisturiser to help soften mum’s skin. £3.59 from Boots.
5. The wonderful Clarins have a great collection of triple packs specifically for Mother’s Day. Our favourite is the Eau des Jardins Collection featuring Shower Gel, Body Cream and their lovely Spray for a bargainous £32 – from clarins.co.uk.
1. Dermalogica always have something worth investigating: their Age Smart Starter Kit has everything your skin needs for a month’s worth of pampering. Mums will achieve a firmer, smoother, healthier skin. £44 from Dermalogica.
2. Goya Black Rose is a heady fragrance with deep rose notes. A recreation of the original miniature Matchbox packaging makes a beautiful gift. RRP £19.99.
3. NYX have a great collection of budget make-up, including Matte Lipstick (£6) and Butter Gloss (£5). More info: nyxcosmetics.co.uk.
4. If the cold weather has dried out your mum’s skin treat her to Nelsons Calendula cream to help moisturise and nourish her skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. £5.09 from Boots.
5. A lovely new Italian brand called L’Erbolario have a lovely, indulgent boxed body cream: L’Erbolario Passion Fruit Body Cream, £24 – for stockists call 020 3601 8130.
6. Sleek Make-UP Eye & Cheek Palette is a multi-functional palette containing four high-pigmented eye shadows and two blushers making blending and defining easier than ever. RRP £10.
7. Terrific travel miniatures from Weleda includes Day Cream, Body Wash, Body Lotion, Oil and Hand Cream and come in a neat organic cotton bag. £14.95 from weleda.co.uk.
1. Firm favourites Ferrero Rocher’s ‘Golden Gallery’ collection stars nougat, white and dark varieties alongside the classic. Moreish! More info: ferrero.co.uk.
2. At only two calories each, Slim Fruits contain the same fibre content as six slices of wholemeal bread – minus the carbohydrates and fat – Slim Fruits are sweets that help rather than hinder slimming.
3. Stur is a new premium liquid water booster that is made solely with natural fruit and tea flavours and lightly sweetened with the highest quality, natural stevia leaf extract. It has zero calories, zero sugar and every squeeze of Stur contains 100% RDA of Vitamin C. More info: sturdrinks.eu.
4. Thorntons’ classic I LOVE MUM choc. Never fails. £3.50 from Thorntons.
5. Divine chocs in a heart-shaped box from Godiva. £17.
6. The Make Pack was born with a simple vision – to create straightforward and fun ‘making’ experiences. We tried the Salted Toffee box – simple to make, easy to understand, great fun, great taste. What more do you need? £9.95.
7. Delicious scottie-dog shaped shortbreads in – quite smply – the cutest embossed tin packaging we’ve ever seen. £7.50 from walkersshortbread.com.
1. As elegant in taste and appearance, the ultra-chic Champagne Thiénot brut rosé brings together a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot Noir. Pale and rose gold in colour, this delicate wine exhibits tangy notes of Morello cherries, blackcurrant and red fruit aromas. £35 from thechampagnecompany.com.
2. New Zealand’s te Pâ has just launched in the UK – their Sauvignon Blanc boasts intense aromas of Grapefruit and Lime Zest combined with floral notes. £10.99 from The Wine Society.
3. Kumala is a succulent and plummy South African red with ripe blackberry flavours. £8.99 from Tesco.
4. Serve your mum macaroons with a special glass of chilled Hardys Stamp Sparkling Pinot Chardonnay for the ultimate treat. £8.99 from Asda.
5. Fruit Fusions are a delicious new range of wines for those with a sweeter palate. If fruity flavours are your mum’s favourite, then she will love this luscious medium pink rosé. £5.75 from Tesco.
6. Blue Nun, the iconic seventies tipple has had a glitzy makeover and now comes with added gold flakes and fizz!£10 from drinksdirect.co.uk.
7. Fentimans offer a pre-mixed G&T – great for those up-and-coming picnic baskets – £3 each from fentimans.com.
8. Give the Queen in your life a King for Mother’s Day this year! Distilled in the heart of London using a unique blend of 12 botanicals, The King of Soho celebrates and encapsulates the spirit of London’s iconic district. £11.95 for 20cl from kingofsohodrinks.com.