Father’s Day Gift Guide 2018 – Food & Drink
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2018
Food & Drink
by Julia Paddon
A tipple or a tasty treat? For dads of all ages, enjoy our guide to the best new drinks and edibles for Father’s Day this Sunday June 17…
Wine & Spirits
- A new look Rioja Crianza label, made from a selection of parcels from 15-25 year old vineyards located in both Rioja Alta and Rioja Alavesa. Marqués de Cáceres Crianza spends 12 months in French and American oak barrels, and ages in bottle for 12 months prior to release.
£9.49 from drinksupermarket.com
- The Nederburg 56Hundred Pinot Noir is perfect served slightly chilled – although not the traditional red wine serve this makes it incredibly versatile in the warmer months. The wine has a soft velvety texture bursting with strawberry and cherry flavours, with a slight hint of oak. It will pair beautifully with everything from BBQ chicken to slow cooked lamb to a vegetarian burrito.
£5.75 from tesco.com
- Whether you choose from a miniature gift set of the finest whiskies from around the world, or decide to create a stacked triple carre set of premium rums and brandies – Il Gusto has a fantastic array of gifts for the Father who appreciates the finest things in life. All the spirits are sourced directly from the producer ensuring the best taste and quality possible.
£32 from ilgusto.uk.com
- Elements Eight ‘Republica’ is a premium, 5-year-old aged blend of two single rums, sourced from distilleries in Cuba and Panama. The rum is produced from traditional column stills, non-chill filtered and aged for a minimum of five years in Bourbon casks and has a naturally sweet character.
£30.45 from The Whisky Exchange
- Officially launched earlier this year, Priory Vodka is proudly nurtured from seed to bottle on the Priory Farm in North Yorkshire. Their double award-winning pure, fruity and floral potato vodka is sure to lift the spirits of any lucky dad this Father’s Day.
Available online in their shop at £35 for 70cl from prioryvodka.co.uk
Gin & Whisky
- Gin Mare is a handcrafted gin distilled in small batches in a small village on the Mediterranean coast, just outside of Barcelona. Distinguishing itself from traditional London dry gins, Gin Mare is best defined by the flavours of its key botanicals; Arbequina Olive, Thyme, Rosemary and Basil, that are sourced from four different Mediterranean countries.
£34-£41 from Waitrose, Oddbins, Harvey Nichols
- Jawbox Small Batch Gin is an original Father’s Day gift. Triple-distilled very slowly near Belfast, in traditional copper pot stills using a unique combination of botanicals including local Belfast Black Mountain Heather, Jawbox Gin is a classic juniper-led gin and is perfect for the adventurous, confident and curious gin drinker.
£30 from sainsburys.co.uk
- Inspired by the Angels’ share, the traditional name for whisky lost to evaporation during maturation, the First Edition of Angels’ Nectar, has been created from a selection of Speyside and Highland malts. It is sweet with hints of apple pie on the nose, with honey and lemon on the taste.
£35.49 from amazon.co.uk
- The Glenlivet Code is inspired by the iconic British Code breakers, this mysterious Single Malt Scotch whisky is released without any cask information or tasting notes, putting whisky fans’ senses to the ultimate test by pushing the boundaries of flavour exploration.
£100 –more info visit theglenlivet.com
- Loch Lomond 12 Year Old has a deep fruity character of peach and pear layered with a vanilla sweetness and the characteristic hints of peat and smoke found in Loch Lomond Whiskies. Matured in three different types of casks – bourbon, refill and re-charred – the expertly crafted iconic Loch Lomond whisky delivers a perfectly balanced single malt that’s sure to leave a lasting impression this Father’s Day.
£39.99 from lochlomondwhiskies.com
- This award-winning tipple from Dorset’s first gin distillery is juniper forward with bright Dorset notes of elderberries, marsh samphire and hand-picked gorse flowers, followed by a crisp and refreshing lime citrus finish. Distilled in the backstreets of sandy Bournemouth, it can be served with tonic or poured and adored over ice. Although Dorset born and bred, Conker Spirit is quickly becoming a national treasure and has picked up multiple awards along the road, including gold in the San Francisco World Spirits Competition and double gold in The Spirits Gin Masters.
£35.95 (70cl) and available to buy in John Lewis, M&S, Waitrose and Fortnum & Mason, independent wine shops and via conkerspirit.co.uk
Eats & Treats
- This scrumptious Divine chocolate hamper makes the perfect gift for any chocolate lover, with eleven bars all in different flavours, with such delicious morsels as creamy white chocolate with strawberry, dark chocolate with tangy raspberries, exquisitely rich 85% dark chocolate or grown-up fruit & nut: dark chocolate with almonds with raisins.
£29.95 from divinechocolate.com
- Known for their exquisite pairings that pack a sensory punch, founder and Head Chef of The Marshmallowist Oonagh Simms, who trained as a chocolatier in Paris, has evolved the artisanal French methods, by combining classic confectionery with experimental flavours, including their current bestseller Raspberry and Champagne.
£7.50 from themarshmallowist.com
- Hickory nuts are a great taste award winner, with a crunchy butterscotch flavour and come packed with nutrients.
£1.99 from Abakus Foods.
- Jack Daniels has a great selection of barbecue sauces that will instantly transform everyday dishes and are all made with real Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, direct from the distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
RRP £1.99 from most supermarkets.
- Cartwright & Butler, Yorkshire-based luxury teatime treats company, presents its exclusive summer shortbreads. The collection is inspired by British summertime and made with only the finest ingredients. Flavours include lemon and strawberry and clotted cream. They’re only here for the summer, so make sure you try them whilst you can!
£8.99 from Cartwright & Butler.
- ‘The Ripon Hamper’ features delicious picnic treats that celebrate everything that’s great about British food. The products include: Strawberry preserve, Yorkshire chutney, gouda cheese melts, tomato and black olive bread thins, all butter fudge and triple chocolate biscuits. The perfect treat for real foodies!
£50 from Cartwright & Butler.