Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017 – Ultimate Dads
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017
by Julia Paddon
All dads are ultimate dads, right? So, for Father’s Day on June 18, they deserve something special. That’s why we’re covering all options, from grooming to gadgets, from days out to DIY.
When we say something for everyone, this time we really mean it.
It’s the ultimate guide for ultimate dads. Enjoy.
1. Swedish company Penclic are on a mission to make computer functionality more ergonomic and more comfortable. The pen mouse replaces the everyday mouse with the look and tactile feel of a pen and we love the KB3 Keyboard when hooked up to our iPads or phones – style and function! Tech dads will swoon.
B3 Bluetooth Pen mouse, £79.99 and KB3 Keyboard, £79.99 from penclic.se
2. The Gtech Multi cordless handheld is ideal for cleaning all the hard to reach places in the home and car. The Multi’s attachments provide nine different ways to vacuum, enabling it to twist and turn, reach up high and low and clean hard and soft surfaces. Brilliantly practical.
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Ideal gift for gadget loving dads”
£149 from www.gtech.co.uk. The additional car kit costs £49.95 or priced £25 when purchased at the same time as the Gtech Multi.
3. This stylish 2-in-1 tablet is the ideal gift for gadget loving dads this Father’s Day. Its sleek design and 15-hour battery makes it a great travel companion, for dads on the go. What’s more, he can take notes or create sketches using either a digital stylus or stylus with a real ink nib and see them instantly digitised on the screen.
Lenovo Yoga Book, £449.99 for Android, £549.99 for Windows.
1. Fantastic selection of good quality graphic t-shirts at Joe Brown’s – plus a host of accessories, shoes, shorts, shorts and more.
Pictured t-shirt, £17.95 from joebrowns.co.uk
2. PJs for dad this Father’s Day? Shop the Cyberjammies MAN collections of stylish, cosy men’s pyjamas, and loungewear sold as mix and match collections. They make the ideal gift for a dad of any age. Cyberjammies Man pjs are made using a unique blend of cotton and modal to ensure they feel soft, comfortable and durable when washed.
Freddie Woven Check Pyjama Pant, £25 from cyberjammies.co.uk
3. If you’re really looking to spoil Dad this Father’s Day, then an Aquascutum raincoat could be just the thing. Whether he’s a classic beige type or would prefer to modernise his wardrobe with something a little more colourful and daring – Aquascutum have something to suit every style.
Aquascutum – aquascutum.com – Prices start at £250
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “For laid-back dads who value comfort”
4. Think summer, think sunglasses. Think Father’s Day, think JulesB. Brilliant collection of sunglasses at a good price, including these stylish Prince Aviator glasses from Le Specs.
£64.99 from julesb.co.uk
5. Football loving dads will find plenty of things to wear and display at Art of Football, like this iconic volley shot of Leeds United legend Tony Yeboah. Plenty of other Yorkshire teams and designs are available.
T-shirts, £25 from art-of-football.com
6. The Birkenstock Arizona double strap men’s sandals (below) feature a contemporary everyday design with comfort-enhancing features. The sandals offer a relaxed option for the summer, perfect for holidays or days out and make for a great gift option for any laid-back dads who value comfort.
£59.95 from charlesclinkard.co.uk
1. Great value, great quality – this 49 piece ratchet screwdriver set from Wilko will help DIY dads keep on top of any project.
£20 from wilko.com
2. This high quality pair of pliers with spring loaded jaws comes complete with an array of gadgets (12 in fact!) that can tackle any tooling problem.
Suspension Multi-tool, £54.99 from gerber-store.co.uk
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Ingenious”
3. You might know the ultra-handy Sugru mouldable glue – well, their new rebel tech kit includes four packs of classic Sugru, new Sugru remover, storage tin and a booklet for ingenious Sugru tech hacks.
£10 from sugru.com
4. The Gtech HT05 Plus Hedge Trimmer is the lightest, long reach cordless hedge trimmer you will find and is perfect for all gardeners who will appreciate it’s ultralight aspect. No cords to cut through means a quicker, safer and more enjoyable cutting process.
£99 from gtech.co.uk
1. Soft and aromatic on the nose with hints of anCnoc’s signature flavour notes of honey and lemon, resulting in a long smooth finish. This is the perfect entry level dram, set to convert any dad into a whisky lover.
RRP for a 70cl bottle: £34 from masterofmalt.com
2. Thomas Dakin Gin is a classic style London Dry Gin made with a secret recipe of eleven botanicals including juniper, orange peel, English coriander and red cole (horseradish).
Available from: Waitrose and Harvey Nichols stores nationwide, Amazon, Booths, Tesco’s, thedrinkshop.com, Ocado.com, 31Dover.com & GinFoundry.com.
RRP: £29 for 70cl. ABV: 42% from waitrose.com
3. Perhaps your dad is a beer or wine connoisseur? Why not treat him to a personalised miniature bottle of his favourite tipple? Whether it’s whisky, wine, gin or even champagne that tempts him, these miniature and personalised miniature bottles make a great gift for Dad!
Just Miniatures – justminiatures.co.uk – Prices start at £2.99
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Slake their thirst!”
4. Casamigos Tequila – the ultra-premium tequila that is “Brought To You By Those Who Drink It” – has launched an exclusive limited edition gift pack this Father’s Day. Available exclusively from 31 Dover, each gift pack contains a 70cl bottle of Casamigos Tequila alongside two bespoke glasses – a perfect present for a father and son to enjoy together.
Three separate gift packs are available with Blanco priced at £51.95 per set, Reposado at £57.95 per set and Añejo at £63.95 per set.
5. Take dad on trip down beer memory lane with the great London beer style of the 18th and 19th centuries. London Porter is named after the legions of porters in the city’s docks, streets and markets who drank this powerful beer to slake their thirst.
£28.99 for a case of 6 from meantimebrewing.com
6. Give dad the craft beer gift that keeps on giving, with a year’s membership to Purity Brewing Company’s (picture below) Puritan scheme. Annual Puritan membership includes a free mixed beer set, Purity T-shirt, 10% off all orders, plus two annual tickets to an exclusive brewery tour or ‘Puritan’ event.
Join online at puritybrewing.com and order at bottleshack.uk.
1. Lily O’Brien’s Ultimate Chocolate Collection is ideal for dads looking for adventurous flavours. Each chocolate is created with a unique recipe, including Sticky Toffee, Death By Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie.
£7, available at Tesco
2. A selection of booze-infused handmade fudge, using spirits, wines and ciders from local micro-distilleries and artisan producers and wineries in some fabulous combinations.
£10 from York’s fudgekitchen.co.uk
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Kind to the stomach”
3. Yorkshire based family business Spiffing has a new range of sprouted flours that use natural technology. Spiffing Sprouted is easily digestible, rapidly absorbed and kind to the stomach with enhanced taste and texture and increased bioavailability of key nutrients. Available in Sprouted Wheat Flour £3.99, Sprouted Wholemeal Spelt Flour, RRP £4.49 and Sprouted Buckwheat Flour RRP £4.49. From farm shops, independent food stores or direct from ilovebite.co
Loving Life Dads
1. Seems like everyone in Yorkshire loves their cycling at the moment. Treat bike-mad dads to this gorgeous cycling mug from a Yorkshire company.
£14 from theartrooms.co.uk
2. The Larimer backpack combines simple heritage shapes and subtle detailing to deliver an edgy, stylish daypack – and there’s the added bonus of a padded laptop compartment for working dads on the move.
From £39.99, available from Amazon
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Incredibly handy”
3. Sitpack is a high-adjustable foldable seat, which, when folded, looks like a small, inconspicuous cylinder the size of a beer can. It’s incredibly handy and great for lovers of the outdoors or for spectators at a parade or sporting event.
£45 from sitpack.com
1. 50th anniversary retro fun for nostalgic dads in the shape of this Paratrooper Action Man. Further designs include Action Soldier, Ski Patrol, Footballer, British Infantryman, Scuba Diver and a special limited edition ‘Action Man – Bobby Moore’
From £34.99 – amazon.co.uk
2. Little ones after cute gifts for dad should look no further than Gibson’s Gift For Men. These neatly packaged jigsaws should provide plenty of bonding opportunities for father and son/daughter.
Mr Grumpy jigsaw, £10.75 and VW Campervan jigsaw, £16.75 from gibsonsgames.co.uk
3. Fun loving dads have never had a cooler commute now that adult scooters are very much in vogue. There’s a magnificent selection over at skates.co.uk, including this stylish Frenzy 145mm Recreational Scooter.
£79.95 from skates.co.uk
1. Jack Black Blue Mark eau de parfum is a masculine scent with a fragrant, woody tone and a touch of ginger – dapper dads will love it.
£57 for 100ml from mankind.co.uk
2. A flexible-hold gel that has been formulated for a style that maintains memory, with a hardwearing formula that is humidity resistant for at least 48 hours.
MR Style Gel, £10 from Boots
3. …Or if you prefer a paste this lightweight, smooth formula will tame unruly hair while adding texture and definition to your style.
MR Style Pasts, £10 from Boots
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Now men can join in too”
4. Your dad’s pearly whites will be gleaming with this unique triple pressure sensor toothbrush from Oral-B. There’s an alert if he’s over-brushing and motion sensors guide him towards the perfect brush.
Genius 9000, £280 from boots.com
1. One of my fave brands, Clarins have been doing women wonders for years – now men can join in too with this Grooming Essentials Kit.
£35 (including washbag) – more info: clarins.co.uk/men
2. Neat and stylish men’s grooming travel kit from men-ü will slot nicely into dad’s gym bag or traveling suitcase.
£29.95 from men-u.co.uk
1. Dad’s shaver is no longer a shaver – it’s a precision styling tool. Get him a serious style upgrade in the grooming department with Braun’s new S3 Shave&Style.
£99 from Argos and other major retailers
2. Gillette’s Fusion ProShield is all about lubrication – and re-lubricating the bits your dad shaves more than once. No ruddy-faced dads here, then.
RRP: £12 from major retailers
3. The Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 razor features pioneering gel pools, which last up to twice as long as a lube strip and deliver 40 per cent less friction than a lubrication strip.
RRP: £10.99, available nationwide
From £39.99, available from Amazon
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “The perfect grip”
4. The nice looking Dorco razor is new to the UK and comes with an ergonomically designed non-slip handle for the perfect grip, as well as Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Lavender Oil infused moisturising strips.
View subscription prices at razorsbydorco.co.uk
5. Grüum is a subscription male grooming set where each box is tailored to your dad’s needs, whether they have a beard, clean shaven, sensitive skin etc. Boxes are delivered on a monthly basis to keep them topped-up and ensure the razors stay sharp.
The subscription boxes start from £10 a month from gruum.com.
Days Out Dads
1. Make the most of the good weather by treating dad to a day at the cricket! There aren’t any matches at Headingley Cricket Ground until the end of June, but Durham are hosting Glamorgan in the Specsavers County Championship from the day after Father’s Day (Monday 19 June). The ground is located in Chester-le-Street, which is a 1.5-hour drive from Leeds and 2.5 hours from Sheffield. The two sides last met in Swansea at the end of May, when Glamorgan beat Durham by three wickets after an exciting final over.
Adult tickets cost £12 when booked in advance and £15 on the day, while junior tickets are just £5. Games start at 11am, with close of play scheduled for 6pm. Buy Durham CCC tickets online.
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Kids at heart”
2. Has your dad always been an aviation enthusiast? If so, why not gift him the opportunity to take flight over one of the greatest cities in the world! The London Helicopter are the only helicopter tours to fly from a central London location in Battersea.
£150 from thelondonhelicopter.com
3. Dads who are kids at heart might enjoy a family go-karting experience courtesy of TeamSport. There are tracks in Sheffield and Leeds and there is currently 10% discount on vouchers if you quote ‘RACEDAD’
Details and pricing from team-sport.co.uk
1. The Folio Society do books beautifully. This exquisitely bound and crafted release of Neil Gaiman’s magnificent American Gods is the ultimate, timeless version of a modern classic.
£75 from foliosociety.com
2. Foodie dads can go to town on this premium organic extra virgin olive oil in a nice presentation box. The oil is extracted from the Koroneiki olive tree – often referred to as ‘The King of Olive Trees’.
£40 from Kalamata Premium Olive Oil.
Father’s Day Gift Guide 2017: “Presenting ‘The Mandle!'”
3. Moroccan moulding cream can be used as a leave-in shaper for gentle structure and effortless definition. Leaves a soft-looking texture.
£19.85 from moroccanoil.com
4. Men (yes, even men from Yorkshire) are now openly enjoying the scents of candles. Ladies and gentlemen, we present the Mandle. Unsurprisingly men tend to prefer more masculine and woody fragrances such as sandalwood, cedarwood and tobacco.
£13.99 from yankeecandle.co.uk
5. Jacamo (below) has a wide range of sport, to casual, to smart wear products which you can find online, but the brand has also just partnered with Prostate Cancer UK to create a T-Shirt, of which all profits will be donated to the charity. Championed by sporting stars, Freddie Flintoff, Robbie Savage, and Shaun Goater, the T-Shirts are a great way of supporting an important cause.