Christmas Gadgets and Outdoor Gift Guide 2016
Christmas Gadgets and Outdoor
Gift Guide 2016
by Julia Paddon
For lovers of the great outdoors, gadgets often go hand-in-hand.
Once you’re kitted out in the right gear, you need to finish it off with the perfect accessory, right? Enjoy our Outdoors & Gadgets Christmas Gift Guide for 2016 – bobble hats definitely not included…
1. When you think of the outdoors, you might as well start with Rohan. The outdoor and travel clothing experts have got it all covered, from mum to dad, from waterproofs to warmth. And for once, style isn’t flagging a long way behind functionality. For proof, see this three-quarter length Women’s Northshore Coat – waterproof, wadded and good-looking. You’ll be the envy of the school run. Or how about these smart-casual Ecco Jamestown Mid boots that will double for dad when he’s walking or socialising.
Northshore Coat, £225, from Rohan.co.uk / Jamestown Boots, £130 from rohan.co.uk.
2. For the kids, who might not quite be ready for the Three Peaks Challenge yet, but still need to stay warm and stylish, these JoJo Maman Bébé Cashmere Mix Jumpers take cute and comfortable to the next level. Get them now for the obligatory oohs-and-aahs on Christmas Day.
Reindeer and Polar Bear Cashmere Jumpers, £22 each, from jojomamanbebe.co.uk
3. Flipbelts solve that irritating walking conundrum – jangling keys, change and sundries. The belt holds all your paraphernalia snugly against your waist with the minium of bulk and next to no bounce. You’re really good to go now…
Flipbelt, £25, choose your size at flipbelt.co.uk.
“Ordinary life just got easier”
4. Active toddlers are a joy – but they can also be a challenge on the move. The just-launched Hobbledehoo is a comfortable solution for transporting toddlers to young children when a pram is simply impractical. Grab handles, chest straps, a safety leash and high-vis combine for an innovative kiddie control solution. Ordinary life just got easier.
Hobbledehoo, £30, from Amazon.
5. Soles aching after a long walk? Feet hard and in need of a bit of TLC? Beautyfeet socks actually nourish the dry and rough heels as you wear them thanks to a herbal formula. Bye-bye foot lotions!
Beautyfeet, £8.99, from SockShop.
6. TomTom’s Adventurer Outdoor Watch might be the perfect gadget companion for activity lovers. with modes for hiking, trail running, skiing and snowboarding, the GPS provides real-time vital info such as speed, altitude and distance. It also helps you plan new routes, summarises your last ski or snowboard run and even has an integrated MP3 music player.
TomTom Adventurer Outdoor Watch, £269.99, from tomtom.com.
7. Zippo hand warmers provide 12-hours of gentle, soothing heat. Perfect for cold walks – even better for warming up in the tent afterwards. Refillable and easy to carry, you’ll be using them for years to come.
Zippo Chrome Hand Warmer, £22.90, from zippo.co.uk.
8. The X-Pop portable bluetooth speaker can accompany you on picnics or entertain around the stove after a long, hard walk. Waterproof, rechargeable, charges to your phone and – most importantly – it sounds great.
X-Pop Portable Speaker, £25.99, from wowzr.co.uk.
For more outdoor gift ideas, visit Fishing Gadgets Hub: see more here
“One for the coffee lover with a conscience”
9. Safe drivers are increasingly looking to prove their innocence in road incidents. Fixed dashboard cameras are becoming personal eyewitnesses for anything that might happen when on the roads. Although you may find an alternative use – filming the beautiful countryside as you head for your walking set-off location in the Yorkshire Dales!
MiVue 618, £99.99, from eu.mio.com
10. A lovely, tidy picnic accessory for toddlers, this kids dining set is made from naturally organic bamboo fibre and non-GMO corn starch and contains no BPA or phthalates. It’s also naturally sterile and dishwasher safe. We say: cute and practical!
3-Piece Kids Dining Set, £15, from ecoffee.
11. Here’s a sporting fact: Golfers need balls, but bad golfers need lots of balls. If you’re unsure what to get the budding Tiger Woods in the family, look no further than these. The balls are of a professional standard, even when the golfer is not.
Callaway Golf Chrome 12-Pack, £29.99, from americangolf.co.uk.
12. William Morris-inspired reusable coffee cups will put a dent in the mountain of landfill coffee cup waste. Buy one for the coffee lover with a conscience.
Ecoffee Cup, £11.95 from ecoffee.
“Help the budding gardener really reach full bloom”
13. Varta headlights wrap around the cyclist’s head, they’re extremely light and, of course, waterproof. Features include multiple light modes, durability and adjustable strap. A must for every cyclist.
VARTA 2X1 W LED Oudoor Sports Head Light, £16.99 from Amazon – more info: varta-consumer.de.
13. After you pop your cork how do you keep it cool? Here’s the solution. The Corkicle Air slots into your wine bottle to keep the temperature a chilly constant and its pour-through spout means you don’t even have to remove it from the bottle. A great Christmas gift for the wine connoisseur.
Corkicle Air, £20.
14. And finally – if, like me, you’ve recently moved in to a new house with a garden and simply don’t know where to start, Rocket Gardens have a brilliant all-in-one solution to get you on your gardening way.
Choose a voucher, redeem it appropriately for your garden, they’ll send a box full of herbs, flowers or fruit to help the budding gardener really reach full bloom!
Rocket Gardens vouchers from £24.99 from rocketgardens.co.uk.