Best Christmas Drinks 2012
Best Christmas Drinks 2012
Something for everyone this Christmas, yes? Truth is, that’s much more difficult than it sounds when you’ve got to find the wine and the Champers, the whiskey and the brandy, the kids’ drinks and the tonics, the beer and the spirits – and let’s not forget the coffee for the teetotalers and the tea for aunt Mary.
Well, whether they’re for gifts or for general quaffing, these excellent drink selections below might go some way to helping you decide …
left to right:
1. Authentic Belgian Abbey Beer, St Stefanus – fresh and fruity with a mature, deep taste (£8.95 – st-stefanus-shop.co.uk).
2. Hoxton Gin with a spin – includes coconut and grapefruit. Refreshing! (£25 – Waitrose).
3. Classic Bacardi base, caramelly smoothness, definitely quaffable (£18 – leading supermarkets).
4. 3-in-1 whisky collection from Grant’s caters to all tastes and appeals to all generations (£9 – info grantswhisky.com/uk).
5. Stoli Chocolat Razberi has a clean, crisp finish and can be enjoyed on the rocks or as part of a delicious, festive cocktail (£27.50 – Harvey Nichols).
6. For the whisky aficionado, Laphroaig Highland Park 18 Year Old is an ideal gift. Twice named, “Best Spirit in the World” (£68.48 – Asda).
7. Three Barrels brandy has a superior smooth and velvety taste with hints of almond and walnut, and a long finish of candied fruits and ginger (£16.19 – leading supermarkets).
8. Rémy Martin VSOP Mature Cask Finish is a rich cognac for the drinks connoisseur, with enhanced notes of apricot and smooth vanilla (£34.99 – Majestic).
1. Badger Ales’ Countryside Sett includes 12 of its well known ales and ciders making it an ideal gift for any beer lover who wants to expand their repertoire (£44.50 – badgerales.com).
2. Lovely bundle of 5 Bellevue tea wallets containing 6 individually wrapped string & tag tea bags packed for extra freshness in a foil pouch (£7.50 – bellevue-tea.co.uk).
3. Fentimans has launched a new range of mixer products within a gift box. The range includes the original Tonic Water and Ginger Beer, with the addition of a Light Tonic Water and a Ginger Ale (£3.50 – fentimans.com).
4. Monin’s Flavoured Coffee Set contains five 50ml bottles of Caramel, Vanilla, Hazelnut, Gingerbread and Chocolate Cookie (£5.95 from Coasta Coffee outlets).
Our overall office favourites are these utterly addictive sparkling apple drinks from Cawston Press. The fizzy apple with ginger is more than moreish and all the flavours hold back perfectly on the sugariness, allowing the natural sweetness to come through. Simply delicious!
£2.99 per 750ml www.cawstonpress.com
This suave and chic ice cognac from ABK6 has been specially blended to be savoured over ice. Notes of fruit combine with zesty lemon sorbet and cool mint for full-flavoured impact. This limited edition comes in a lovely pearly white bottle too!
£40 from drinks21shop.com