Wholegrain Fusilli with Avocado Carbonara – Recipe
Simple. But effective. Some of the tastiest pasta dishes are comprised of the most basic of ingredients. And this delicious Wholegrain Fusilli with Avocado Carbonara option isn’t just easy to make; but it’s fast, fresh, and will look great on the plate.
Whole grain Fusilli – 160g
Avocado – 70g
Spring onions – 40g
Egg yolks – 2
Pecorino romano cheese – 60g
Extra virgin olive oil – 20ml
Salt and black Pepper to taste
Cook the Fusilli in a large pot of salted water.
Meanwhile, cut the avocado and the spring onions into small slices.
1. Heat the pan and sauté the spring onions with a little of extra virgin olive oil.
2. In the meantime, beat the egg yolks with the Pecorino cheese and two spoons of boiling water. Add freshly ground black pepper.
3. When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and put it into the pan with the spring onion.
4. Away from the heat, add first the beaten egg yolks mixture, then the avocado slices. Add a tablespoon of cooking water for a creamy result.
5. Stir for a minute, sprinkle with the Pecorino cheese and black pepper.
Chef’s tip: The perfect Carbonara is creamy, without lumps of eggs too coagulated neither with yolks too raw or too liquid. To better control the right coagulation and the temperatures pour the yolks mixture bringing the pan out of the fire.