Squash Tomato and Chive Risotto – Recipe
Squash Tomato and Chive Risotto
This simple but impressive risotto uses soft cheese favourite Boursin with a squash for an autumnal twist…
5 tbsp olive oil
1/2 bunch sage leaves, shredded
1 Lt chicken or vegetable stock
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
350g Arborio rice
300ml dry white wine
1 x 150g packet Boursin tomato, onion & chive
1 x 50g packet wild rocket leaves
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan190C/Gas 6.
- Cut the squash into even sized small chunks and place in a large roasting tin with 3 tbsp of the olive oil and sage. Stir to coat and roast for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally during cooking, until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile bring the stock to the boil in a pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the rice and stir until coated. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil, stirring until absorbed. Stir in a ladle spoon of the simmering stock, cooking and stirring over a low heat until absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock in ladlefuls, stirring, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir the Boursin tomato, onion & chive into the risotto until smooth and creamy and simmer for a further three minutes. Divide between warm serving plates.
- Remove the squash from the oven and divide between the risotto, spooning over the top with pan juices.
- Top with rocket leaves and serve.
Calories per portion: 721
Cost per portion: £1.93