Smoked Haddock with Potato – Recipe
Smoked Haddock and Potato
Serves 6 – fish course size
1 Fillet of Atkinson’s Natural Smoked Haddock
150 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
300g New Potatoes (cooked)
1 Bunch of Dill
3 Tablespoons of Wasabi
300ml Fish Stock
100ml Crème Fresh
Trout Caviar to garnish
- Cut haddock into 150g pieces, remove the belly piece but save for stock.
- Finely grate lemon on a micro plane and mix with olive oil.
- Marinade haddock fillets in this for 4 hours in the fridge.
- Now vacuum pack haddock in individual bags to chill.
- Slice leeks in half and wash carefully, then chop in fine half moons (save trim).
- Cook in a generous amount of olive oil until soft (around 15 -20 minutes).
- Season well and chill.
On the Day:
- Cut new potatoes into small diced squares.
- Chop dill.
- Reduce fish stock with haddock trimmings and some leek trim.
- Reduce by half to serve.
- Warm spoonfuls of leek mixture, adding splash of stock and the diced potatoes.
- Season and add a pinch of dill.
- Poach fish in a water bath at 55 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Warm stock, add wasabi and crème fresh, then hand blend until thick and smooth.
- Spoon leek mixture onto bowl, place haddock on top, pouring liquid from bag into sauce.
- Add more dill to leek mix and spoon a little sauce over the fish.
- Add caviar to top of dish.