Creamy Macadamia Dip With Asparagus – Recipe
Creamy Macadamia Dip With Asparagus
Dress Up British Asparagus with the Queen of Nuts… This recipe makes the most of the British asparagus season (late April-June) and is perfect as a healthy side dish for any spring supper. To make it a perfect meal for one just add a poached egg.
1 bunch of British Asparagus, washed and trimmed
25g macadamia nuts, halved
Olive oil and seasoning to finish
For the dip:
1 ripe avocado
2 tablespoons lemon juice
150ml cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped chives
25g macadamia nuts, chopped and roasted
Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by making the dip. Place avocado flesh, lemon juice and sour cream in a blender and process until smooth (you could also mash with fork).
- Mix avocado with chives and nuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place the asparagus in a pan of boiling water and cook for no more than 2 minutes. Then drain and run under cold water for a minute to stop them from over cooking.
- To serve place half of the asparagus on each plate and dollop over the macadamia dip.
- Finish with a scattering of macadamia halves and a drizzle of olive oil.
For more information visit macadamias.org.uk