Christmas Beauty Gift Guide 2016
Gift Guide 2016
by Julia Paddon
There’s nothing much better on Christmas Day than unwrapping a little package of Beauty.
Here are my recommendations towards a sweet-smelling, soft-skinned, lip-smacking festive season…
1. CLEAN Reserve is an eco-conscious fragrance blended with raw ingredients. Now, I’ve sniffed hundreds of scents in my time as Beauty Editor and it’s not often I’m taken by surprise, but this really is something unique. An extraordinarily clean and fresh scent that is beautifully pitched between subtle and signature. Nice luxe bottle too!
£79.99 from spacenk.com/uk.
2. Azzaro for men is a handsome, woody fragrance with plenty of spice. This nicely boxed gift set also includes a hair and body shampoo.
£49 from House of Fraser and Boots.
3. Coupla beauties from Boutique: The Body Wash and Body Lotion duo are zingy and ideal for every day use (£12), while the body butter is a great stocking filler for just £5.
Both available from gracecole.co.uk.
4. This Olverum Bath Oil is perfect for colder nights and a gentle soother for cold and flu. Just a few drops in to a bath will ease away your pains and stresses and help you sleep like a baby.
£27 for 125ml from Harvey Nichols.
5. Vibrant packaging from Paul Mitchell for their JOY and STAR hair duos. These include Shampoo and Conditioner (JOY – £20) and Instant Moisture Shampoo and Moisture Daily Treatment (STAR – £20)
Available from paul-mitchell.co.uk.
Christmas Beauty: “Signature fragrances in a presentation drawer box”
6. W7 have some perfectly packaged goodies for Christmas gifts. London Eyes (£9.95) includes mascara, eye liner and eye pencil, the Beat It copper tin (£9.95) includes 12 powdered eye shadow shades and the Big Bang Cracker (£19.95) contains five little surprises: lip twister, lipstick, lashes, pencil and eye shadow tin.
7. Fab eye set from Laura Geller that’s ideal for the party season, includes mascara, gel eye liner and liquid liner
£17 from Debenhams.
8. Nicely presented lip balm set from Dirty Works in Strawberry, Coconut, Watermelon and Cherry.
£5 from Sainsbury’s.
9. Dr PAWPAW’s balms use natural ingredients for all-over use – see the site for the full range. Oh – and Pawpaw – it’s the fruit of the plant Carica Papaya, fact fans!
£6.95 from drpawpaw.com.
10. Dapper gents will love this Ted Baker set of four different signature fragrances in a presentation drawer box. Even better, the drawer box is reusable for storage of sundry man items! Lovely!
£22 from Ted Baker and John Lewis.
Christmas Beauty: “Great stocking fillers”
11. A couple of fab gift packages from Dermalogica; the Clear Skin Day In, Day Out (£13.70) is ideal for teens and contains foaming wash, daytime treatment and overnight treatment to help clear the way for healthy skin. Or there’s Skin Health Heroes (£33.10) – a trio of the brand’s most popular products in handy travel sizes, including a special cleansing gel, Multive-active toner and Hydrablur Primer.
12. Fenjal Crème Bath Oil (200ml, £11.42) and fenjal Classic Shower Oil (£5.49) are affordable indulgences that are great stocking fillers.
Available from Boots.
13. Here’s something definitively different from Ferrari. Designed for the iPhone 6 and 6s, this new Ferrari phone case comes with a built-in scent dispenser so you can top-up your masculine Ferrari scent every time you use your phone.
Ferrari Fragrance iPhone Case Gift Set, £38 from House of Fraser.
14. Taking pretty and practical to new heights, the Cam Pouch is a multi-functional product that can be a make-up bag, a travel case, a pen holder and much more.
£12 from The Camouflage Company.
Christmas Beauty: “One for the beauty obsessive”
15. This set of professional hair care products from 3 More Inches includes everything you need for luscious locks, including a pre-wash treatment, a shampoo, conditioner and safety comb.
£72 from 3moreinches.co.uk.
16. Eyes that dazzle and sparkle this Christmas can be on the agenda with this lovely stocking filler from PÜR. The Love Your Selfie 2 Palette from PÜR is a handy size so perfect for travel. Includes a creamy lip pencil, high-shine lip gloss, eight eye shadows, a universal blush, bronzer and baking powder.
£34 from Marks and Spencer.
17. Lusiciously presented eye shadow palette from Too Faced that young teens will absolutely adore.
£79.99 from Amazon.
18. Anything else? How about a seven-piece body care bundle from Elizabeth Grant? Shower Gel, Body Cream, Vanilla Eau de Parfum, Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Graceful Angel Eau de Parfum and Heavenly Eau de Parfum are all included, which covers just about every bit of body pampering save a foot massage – and you can use the body cream for that! One for the beauty obsessive…
Elizabeth Grant Body and Fragrance 7 Piece Collection, £29.99 from idealworld.tv.
19. Or one for the boys? The Bluebeard’s Revenge has a fragrant gift set designed to “keep the manliest of men smelling his best at all times”. And with a shower gel and Eau de Toilette combo, that’s exactly what it does.
£24.99 from bluebeards-revenge.co.uk.
All prices and availability correct at the time of posting